Monday, January 23, 2012

First!

First!  Ha!  I win!
...
Wait, I'm the only one here...

That's okay.  Still first!

There, now that we have that out of the way, I guess on to introductions?

Hi, my name is Rob, and I am a word-aholic.  Seriously, words make me very happy.  And so does putting them together in new and exciting ways that hopefully make sense.  I am a writer, mostly of genre fiction, though I dabble in other things as well.  One of the goals of my life is to somehow combine the realms of fantasy and literary fiction into amazing stories.  Don't know how well that is going to work out, but at least I have a goal, right?  When it comes to my personal writing, I am have adopted the philosophy that says to keep it secret, keep it safe.  In other words, I tend to not talk about stories until after they are at least mostly written, because if I do, I begin to lose the drive to continue writing them.  Someone famous (for writing even) once wrote that we are writing to tell the story, and if we tell the story before we write it, then we won't need to tell it anymore.  I wish I could remember who said that...ah, well.  It may come to me, it may not.

No comments:

Post a Comment